If you have a shy kitty on medication and are looking to have a pet sitter come take care of her when you’re gone, you’re going to want to make sure to do the following:
- Make sure that all interior doors are closed and your kitty has no access into side rooms
- Have all the kitty toys, treats, food, water and litter box in the room where your kitty will be
- Try and block off any access where the kitty can go underneath furniture
- Ask the pet sitter to come by and meet your kitty while you’re home (a Meet and Greet Interview is good for meeting the pets)
- Ask your pet sitter if he/she can take some extra time during the visits to bond with your kitty. It will make a world of difference if a bond can be established.
We take care of kitties that were once feral, and more often than not, they are always going to be shy around new people. They can come around, however, to a new person if the person is willing to be patient 🙂